Re: A Modest Proposal

Subject: Re: A Modest Proposal
From: Scott Browne <sbrowne -at- UNICOMP -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 14:46:39 -0500

Arlen P Walker wrote:

> >excuse me, docuPERSONtation?
>
> I'm sorry, but we here at the Linguistic Prohibition Of Literal Inscriptions
> Causing Exclusion (AKA the Linguistic POLICE) must protest the gender-specific
> term referenced above. It contains the word "SON" which improperly specifices
> a male offspring. The correct term is "child." Therefore we insist this be
> rewritten as: docuperchildtation.

I take great offence at what the Linguistic POLICE have just suggested. "Child"
is *NOT* the correct term for "SON". As the 30 year old son of my mother, I am
highly offended that you would consider me a child!

Perhaps docuperdecendanttation? docuperoffspringtation?

Oy!

Scott
sbrowne -at- unicomp -dot- net

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=