Wizards..a simple survey

Subject: Wizards..a simple survey
From: Laurel Robinson <tpwstudent -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 08:34:11 PDT

I am currently doing some research on the role of technical writers and wizards. During the course of my research I have found that there are various definitions of wizard. As technical writers when you think wizards what do you think of?

The second part of my research includes the role of technical writers in wizard development. One tech writer from Microsoft I spoke with says she doesn't usually write wizards, the GUI designers do.
When and how are tech writers involved in the development of wizards?

The third part is I've heard of tech writers using what they refer to as wizards for boiler plate type information, similar to a template. As tech writers, what if any types of wizards do you use for your own purposes. (As opposed to creating wizards as part of an application for end users)

Your input would be very much appreciated!

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=