Re: Gender Bender

Subject: Re: Gender Bender
From: Ivan Gelicall <ivan_gelicall -at- HOTBOT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 13:58:13 -0700

Dear Gentle People

In my day Gay meant felling happy like Fred Flintstone who came into my livingroom and had a gay old time.

A Fag was something that you smoked not a person you ridiculed.

A Faggot was a meatball from Scotland (Loves those Scots).

Black Ice was what covered the road in winter, not a person s race.

Black day, Black mood, generally referred to a feeling.

Master and Slave is what you see when your PC boots up is nothing to do with Slavery.

A metal cover in the road was called a Manhole, and had nothing to do with gender.

Niggardly meant tightfisted .uh oh that s probably going to offend someone too.

Boy meant my best friend and had nothing to do with race baiting.

Learning AMERICAN English has left my head spinning. I have to consult a dictionary so as not to offend anyone. Every day some new words are found to describe something that could have been said with less confusion. I never had this trouble in Australia, Hong Kong, or Ireland.

But let me put it in terms you ll understand.

Send your enlightened perceptions to the Chair of the Chronologically gifted and focally challenged anthropomorphic gender bending (AND you had better not assume what MY gender is) gentleperson of the politically correct police-people.

HotBot - Search smarter.
http://www.hotbot.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=