Re: Rebuttal: IRS 20 Questions-bad info

Subject: Re: Rebuttal: IRS 20 Questions-bad info
From: wayne menke <wdmenke -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 12:02:35 -0400

Yes, 1099s and corp-to-corp arrangements are alike in that there are no
deductions for taxes.

No, a W9 does not establish a corp-to-corp relationship. It's a form to certify
the taxpayer identification number being used. This is a social security number
for an individual, or an Employer Identification Number (EIN) for a corporation.

Wayne Menke
Mendem Concord, Inc.

N Kendall wrote:

> Joe is partially correct. That's why I have an accountant that keeps me
> straight. I do what I do best and let him do what he does best!
>
> I would like to explain that when I used the term "1099-type relationship"
> (note the hyphen) I meant a relationship in which the payor (corp1) does not
> withhold income tax from the payee (corp2). It is corp2's responsibility to
> make sure the appropriate tax is withheld. Actually, if I remember
> correctly, it's a W-9 form that is used to establish a corp-to-corp
> relationship. Perhaps I should have said a W-9 relationship???

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=