Re: Editing a PDF document

Subject: Re: Editing a PDF document
From: Scott Browne <sbrowne -at- UNICOMP -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 09:22:56 -0500

Mike Wilson wrote:

> My co-workers are adamant that editing a PDF document is possible. To my
> knowledge, the only way to edit it would be to scan the document, and save it as
> a tiff or txt file, and edit it from there. I'm starting to doubt my sanity as
> I thought that was the purpose of PDF docs - they are not editable and are like
> bitmaps.
>
> --Mike Wilson

Mike,

It *is* possible to edit a PDF document to a certain extent. You can use
Acrobat Exchange 3.x or greater. There is a "TouchUp text" tool (a button on
the toolbar with a 'T' or under the Tools menu).

This will let you make *minor* touch-ups to a PDF. Very minor. Like if you find
a misspelled word, you can fix it. You can also color text. But the tool lets
you make changes on one line at a time. If you delete a whole line, then there
is now a blank line in your PDF. Repagination is not possible.

HTH

Scott
sbrowne -at- unicomp -dot- net
"Writing is like Prostitution. First you do it for
the love of it, then you do it for a few friends,
and finally, you do it for the money." -Moliere

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=