psychology-based studies on technical writing

Subject: psychology-based studies on technical writing
From: Jeff ALLEN <jeff -at- ELDA -dot- FR>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 20:27:32 +0200

Dear colleagues,

I have come across a few books lately (e.g., The Possibility of Language by
Alan Melby, Knowledge and Skills in Translator Behavior by Wolfram Wilss,
Language Engineering and Translation by Juan Sager, Training the Translator
[sorry I cannot remember the author's name: the book is at home], etc) that
discuss various psychological, cognitive, and psycholinguistic factors
involved
in the process by which a human translator translates text from one language
into another.

I would be interested in knowing what books and training manuals discuss
psychological and cognitive issues in the area of learning technical writing.
This could also include language acquisition for Language for Special Purposes
(LSP) domains. I can imagine that in many cases there is a section of a book
or a chapter devoted to the topic, yet it might not be reflected in the book
title.

I would be willing to post a summary based on responses received.

Please reply to me directly at <jeff -at- elda -dot- fr>

Best regards,

Jeff Allen

Jeff ALLEN - Directeur Technique
European Language Resources Association (ELRA) &
European Language resources Distribution Agency (ELDA)
(Agence Européenne de Distribution des Ressources Linguistiques)
55, rue Brillat-Savarin
75013 Paris FRANCE
Tel: (+33) 1.43.13.33.33 - Fax: (+33) 1.43.13.33.30
mailto:jeff -at- elda -dot- fr
http://www.icp.grenet.fr/ELRA/home.html

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000