QUERY: Human Factors Engineering

Subject: QUERY: Human Factors Engineering
From: David Dubin <David_Dubin -at- BESTSOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 17:44:31 -0400

Friends and colleagues,
Per your requests, here is the listing of links, web sites, and paper
documentation that I received from you all in response to my request for
human factors engineering information. I've not had time to inspect all of
these so I cannot vouch for their value.

Many thanks to all of you (and there were many) who responded. You have
lightened my load and have reinforced my belief that y'all are the best
folks on the web.

David Dubin

WEB SITES
www.pcilearn.com

http://www.useit.com/

http://world.std.com/~uieweb/

http://usableweb.com/items/umguidelines.html

http://www.uie.com

http://www.asktog.com/

http://info.med.yale.edu/caim/manual/contents.html

http://www.helpmaster.com

http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/All.html

http://www.acm.org/sigchi/

http://www.humanfactors.com

www.w3.org - Web Accessibility Initiative

www.www8.org

www.cast.org

http://gbgm-umc.

www.anybrowser.org

www.nyise.org

http://www.bcresearch.com/ergonomics/default.htm

http://www.hfes.org/

http://www.uie.com

www.acm.org

www.useit.com/jakob/

www.hfes.org

www.baddesigns.com/examples.html

http://world.std.com/~ueiweb/

http://webreview.com/wr/pub

www.human.factors.com

www.asktog.com

usableweb.com>

webreview.com/wr/pub/Usability

www.zdnet.com/devhead/filters/usability/

PRINTED MATERIAL

You might look out for "Designing the user Interface" by Ben Schneiderman.

Also Joanne Hackos does a book on user interface design. And of course the

guru of human-machine interaction, Donald Norman.

Also, be sure to read Donald Norman's book, The Design of Everyday Things

(ISBN 0385267746).

You might want to look at _Human Performance Engineering_ by Robert W.
Bailey

(3rd ed., Upper Saddle River NJ: Prentice Hall, 1996).

Human Factors for Technical Communicators_, by Marlana Coe, 1996, John
Wiley & Sons, Inc. (ISBN 0-471-03530-0)

MIL-STD 1472E. This is the US militray standard on Human Engineering

Human Performance Engineering: Designing High Quality, Professional User

Interfaces for Computer Products, Applications, and Systems 3d Ed. 1996

the author is Robert W. Bailey, Ph.D. and it is from Prentice Hall PTR

ISBN 0-13-149634-4

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=