Re: FWD: Percentage raises at salary review time

Subject: Re: FWD: Percentage raises at salary review time
From: Walter Hanig <whanig -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 12:05:59 -0700

Averages don't mean much. What you can expect depends on several factors:

* current salary and where that salary is in the range dictated for your
job title
* perceived performance relative to others competing for the same dollars
* visibility of your products
* how often performance reviews occur

One of the most important factors is

How the company is doing, financially. If they're not making money, or not
meeting plans, everyone hurts.

Walter

>Name withheld upon request. Please reply on list.

>Dear Techwhirlers,
>
>I am up for review tomorrow! I was wondering, generally speaking, what
>raises or salary increases one expects at three months, six months and a
>year. Assuming I have been an at least average employee, haven't received
>much negative feedback and have received some positive comments. What are
>the industry average increases for this sort of thing? 1%? 3%? Thank you for
>your assistance.
>
>Regards,
>Counting pennies in California

Walter Hanig whanig -at- qualcomm -dot- com
x16651 619.651.6651 (voice) AE-220C
494-5396 (pager) Blood type: O+

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=