Re: Naming conventions

Subject: Re: Naming conventions
From: CASSIN Gilles <GCassin -at- MEGA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 10:35:24 +0100

Dawn-Marie Oliver wrote
How do you handle online help that was never a manual in the first place
(such as context sensitive WinHelp or HTML files)?

There is a copyright thing in the winhelp files. You can also add, in
the first pages of the TOC, a copyright page. (No way for the tiny
context things, but since the rights are cited in another part of the
help, this shouldn't be a problem; I'd hate to see a context help
crammed with a copyright. As a matter of fact, I never use these, since
most of them just explain that if you check the "gesswhatthismeans"
option, the result will be "gesswhatthismeanzed").
In addition, if you think it's an important issue, you can tm names in
text and add a copyright popup for pernickety people. (They won't click
many times on these, I guess)

"No, not till Thursday." Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, IV-2
Gilles CASSIN
mailto:gcassin -at- mega -dot- com
+33 1 42 75 40 22
My opinions are mine, and neither you nor my company can take credit for
them. YOU can cite them if you think they were of use.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=