Re: Screen shots and copyright

Subject: Re: Screen shots and copyright
From: steve <steve -at- SOFTLINESYSTEMS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 09:04:40 -0700

We also support mutliple import and export data formats, but avoid the
screenshots. Consequently, our legalese section has a trademark/copyright
section that simply acknowledges the references to the software and righful
ownership of the trademark. That tip o' the hat is sufficient for commonly
used tools like Excel or Access unless you are referencing a proprietary
system in which case written authorization would be required.
I imagine the same holds true for screen shots.

Regards,
Steven Ward Email: steve -at- softlinesystems -dot- com
Technical Writer Phone: (604) 266-1995
Softline Systems Inc. Fax: (604) 266-1949
850-1200 West 73rd Ave. Vancouver, B.C.
WWW: http://www.softlinesystems.com