Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Learn XML Online

Subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Learn XML Online
From: Michael Truscello <mtruscel -at- GOLDEN -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 13:09:44 -0400

Thank you, Tom, for providing an excellent list of online resources for
learning XML. We at on-line-learning.com believe prospective students of
Professional XML Authoring would do well by reading some of the sources you
have provided. Those documents will give you an understanding of XML, but
not the type of thorough comprehension and pragmatic application offered by
our course.

We are so impressed by your enthusiasm and apparent immersion in the field
of XML publishing that we would like to offer you $50 off the current
tuition fee to participate in the May 1999 offering of Professional XML
Authoring. The collaborative process of learning online is, in our
estimation, an enormous benefit of a course such as PXA (versus the isolated
experience of reading available online documents). We hope that what a
student gets as part of the course fee is the shared experience of all
course participants. To that end, we welcome enthusiastic participants such
as yourself.

I have included your original list of URLs with this message so those who
are interested in XML, and may have missed the original post, may take
advantage of the resources you identified.

Sincerely,
Michael Truscello
Project Manager
watAGE / on-line-learning.com
miketrus -at- pdbeam -dot- uwaterloo -dot- ca

http://www.on-line-learning.com/
http://pdbeam.uwaterloo.ca/~watage

Courtesy of Webreference.com, here's a list of some other FREE sources of
XML info. (plus a couple found at Yahoo). Maybe they're not as thorough as
this $600 course, but for free, maybe they're worth a look. I offer them
with no guarantee of quality. For more information, see
http://www.webreference.com/authoring/languages/xml/ .

GENERAL

What You Need To Know About XML -
http://www.pineapplesoft.com/newsletter/archive/19980201_xml.html

XML: It's Not Your Father's HTML -
http://www.webreference.com/authoring/languages/xml/intro/index.html

XML: Old Whines in New Battles -
http://www.webreference.com/authoring/languages/xml/questions/

XML and the Second-Generation Web (from Scientific American magazine) -
http://www.sciam.com/1999/0599issue/0599bosak.html

What the <?XML!> -
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Peaks/5957/xml.html
(Warning: Adforce link caused page to bomb for me in Netscape.)

HOW TO

XML Does It Your Way -
http://www.webdeveloper.com/categories/html/html_xml_1.html

20 Questions on XML -
http://builder.cnet.com/Authoring/Xml20/index.html

Going from HTML to XML -
http://www.microsoft.com/xml/articles/htmltoxml.asp

Writing Well Formed XML -
http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/u/relander/XML_Tutorial/wf_xml.html

XSL [Extensible Stylesheet Language] Tutorial -
http://www.microsoft.com/xml/xsl/tutorial/

XML and Perl: Embedding XML in HTML -
http://www.webreference.com/perl/tutorial/1/index.html

XML WEB DIRECTORIES

XML.COM -
http://www.xml.com/xml/pub

XML Resource Guide -
http://www.xml.com/xml/pub/listrescat

XML Reference Guide -
http://www.webreview.com/xml/

XML Resources -
http://www.arbortext.com/xmlresrc.html

XML Resources site -
http://www.chrystal.com

Happy hunting.

---
Tom Campbell
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people
always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become
great."
--Mark Twain

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=