Re: The Truth About Silicon Valley

Subject: Re: The Truth About Silicon Valley
From: "Eric L. Dunn" <edunn -at- TRANSPORT -dot- BOMBARDIER -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 15:02:23 -0400

While this is a good indication you have to watch out. Just try the
comparison of Houston to Manhattan vs Houston to Queens, the Bronx, or
Staten Island.

Marsha Kamish <mgkamish -at- YAHOO -dot- COM> on 99/04/14 13:11:47

Please respond to Marsha Kamish <mgkamish -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>

To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
cc: (bcc: Eric Dunn/MTD/BTG/Bombardier)

Here's a site that might help:

http://www2.homefair.com/calc/

I used it to compare a median Houston tech writer salary
with San Francisco. Here are my results:

"Results: If you make $50000 in Houston then you would need
to make $90593 in San Francisco."

Be sure to select the states first, then select "show
cities."

HTH
===

Marsha G. Kamish