Re: The Truth About Silicon Valley

Subject: Re: The Truth About Silicon Valley
From: "Meek, DavidX L" <davidx -dot- l -dot- meek -at- INTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 10:00:20 -0700

I'm coming into this thread a little late, but I have a couple of minor
things to add:

*A friend of mine and her husband live in the Bay Area (San Ramon). She
makes 70K/yr salary; he makes 80K/yr salary; they have a two-year-old child.
They can't afford a *decent* home, so they live in a 950 square-foot rental
and pay around $1100.00/month. By contrast, the monthly payment on my 1600
square-foot house in Citrus Heights (Sacramento area) is a few dollars less.

*Bay Area companies seem more open to telecommuting than others I have seen.
Frequently, you can get a mix, such as three days at home, two days at the
site. Don't forget this important option.

Dave
(Any statements made above are mine, and mine alone.)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=