Re: Ancient Codes: Make them gasp (was: salary first )

Subject: Re: Ancient Codes: Make them gasp (was: salary first )
From: "Sonja Waller (SWUS)" <Sonja -dot- Waller -at- SMALLWORLD-US -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 08:55:46 -0600

I have always heard when negotiating salaries we should ask for the middle
of the road. I did that quite often, then kicked myself afterward.

When the company I currently work for had their recruiter interview me, she
asked me what salary I am looking for. I asked her the maximum they were
willing to pay and she told me. I calmly said, that is the amount I want.
The next day, when they offered me the job, they didn't question my salary.
I consider that a good lesson in life :>)

Sonja Waller
Sr. Technical Writer
Smallworld Systems, Inc.
Communications Business Unit

TEL: 303.268-6163
FAX: 303.779-9945

Email:
sonja -dot- waller -at- smallworld-us -dot- com