System Requirements -- Browser information

Subject: System Requirements -- Browser information
From: Kelly Norton <JNorton -at- JBLSMTP -dot- PHL -dot- LRPUB -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 13:21:13 -0400

If we include browser installation for our browser-based products, we
want to note in the System Requirements area of our packaging so that
if the user does not have the required browser and needs to install it
from the CD-ROM, the user must have an additional x MB. (how's that
for a sentence?)

In the past, we have put an asterisks next to the hard drive space
number w/ a notation stating that the product requires x-version
browser, that it's included on the CD-ROM, and it requires x MB
additional hard disk space.

My questions are:
1. Is this notation sufficient? It sure takes a lot of space on the
packaging.
2. What are other companies doing?

Thanks for any suggestions and advice,
Kelly