Fonts and translation

Subject: Fonts and translation
From: Darren Barefoot <dbarefoot -at- MPS-CANADA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 09:47:36 -0700

Good morning,

I'm writing a technical document on translating our program's user interface
into other languages. The first step in this process is setting a new font
for the interface. This is required, obviously, with languages such as
Japanese or Russian that use a different character set. My question is in
regards to other languages, such as French or Italian, that use the Western
alphabet character set. Do Europeans typically use the same fonts as North
America (this is for a Windows-based, MS-compliant type application)?

Or, put another way, do Parisians use Times New Roman? Thanks. DB.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=