1999 FrameUsers Conference Call for Papers

Subject: 1999 FrameUsers Conference Call for Papers
From: Brad Anderson <brad -at- FALCONMEDIA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 13:05:43 -0400

Call for Papers

A call for speakers to participate in the 1999 FrameUsers Conference,
October 12-15, 1999, in Minneapolis, MN, is now open. While we are happy to
receive proposals at any time, you increase your chance of being accepted
the earlier we hear from you. We will begin confirming speakers in late
May. Many of last years top presenters will be returning.

The focus of the 1999 FrameUsers Conference will be on the effective and
efficient use of FrameMaker on a day to day basis. Speakers will include
leading industry visionaries as well as suppliers and users of FrameMaker
and Acrobat. Point your browser to http://www.frameusers.com for the latest
conference information and registration. In late-May a preliminary schedule
will be posted. Please note the following information and follow the
instructions below.

Possible Topics Include

- FrameMaker & Acrobat
- Database Publishing
- Programming with the FrameMaker FDK
- Pagination Issues/Working with Long Documents Document Planning and
Preparation
- Pre-Press and FrameMaker
- Preparing FrameMaker File for Printing (Docutech and Off-set printing)
Language Translation and FrameMaker
- Indexing
- FrameMaker and Web Publishing (HTML)
- Single Source Documents-Multi-source Delivery Using Color in FrameMaker
- FrameMaker and Word
- FrameMaker to Win/Robo-Help
- Using FrameMaker on Multiple Platforms
- Document Management
- FrameMaker and XML
- SGML
- Tips -n- Tricks
- Template Design
- Autonumbering
- Document Conversions
- Project Management
- System Configuration
- Cross-Referencing
- Using Variables
- Utilities You Can't Live Without
- Customizing the FrameMaker Interface
- Using FrameMaker FCodes to Build Your Own Palettes Using AppleScript
with FrameMaker

Requirements

- An outline or abstract (no longer than one page) describing the
presentation including some of the key points to be covered.

- Speaker's complete contact information (name, title, company, mailing
address, phone, fax and e-mail).

- Speaker's biography (75 words)

- Speaker's Photograph/Portrait (if desired)

Process

We prefer to receive speaking proposals by e-mail at the following address:
speakers -at- frameusers -dot- com

Guidelines/Recommendations

- Submit ideas on both sessions and speakers.

- We discourage speakers who want to make sales or new product
presentations. Our focus is to make this as much of a working conference as
possible. FrameMaker Users are a sophisticated and technical audience.
Suppliers to the industry are better served by placing top or innovative
customers on panels. Users doing interesting things with new technology are
more likely to be viewed as peers by the audience. If you work with a
third-party VAR or consultant channel, you might want to partner with them
regarding a presentation. They often have excellent strategic and technical
perspectives that are of interest to our audience.

- Please be sure to contact your proposed speaker and check his/her
availability and interest for the dates of the conference.

Questions may be directed to Brad Anderson at (301) 924-0855 or
brad -at- frameusers -dot- com -dot-

Thank you for your interest in the 1999 FrameUsers Conference!
Brad Anderson FrameMaker
Consulting/Training
President, Falcon Interactive
Documentation Solutions

Computer Based Training
(800) 272-5238 or (888) MEDIA-99 Web Site
Solutions
(301) 924-0855
Web Site Hosting
http://www.falconmedia.com