Re: Change Pages for Manuals

Subject: Re: Change Pages for Manuals
From: "Moore, Tracey" <TMoore -at- PARKERVISION -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 08:30:35 -0400

I used to work for a company that did monthly mailings with changes to
gobs of manuals.

What we did was to send a "transmittal letter" (whatever you want to
call it) with explanations of how to change the pages. It would look
something like:

RE: XXX Manual Updates Dated x/x/xx

Enclosed please find the following updates to the "XXX" manual.

Chapter Remove pages Insert Pages

1 1-3 through 1-16 1-3 through 1-18
2 2-1 through 2-2 2-1 through 2-2
4 All All

We put revision bars on the changes so the customer would know what had
changed. This was unorthodox, but handy for the customer and us writers
as well. We also included the change date in the footer of all
documents. This way, if a customer called with a complaint about the
manual, customer service could immediately identify if they had the
latest updates.

I've seen this done in other manuals. . .when I was a mere secretary, I
used to have to change out pages in law books all the time. It worked
basically the same way.

Good luck!