Re: The Worst Thing About Contracting

Subject: Re: The Worst Thing About Contracting
From: Wally Glassett <wallyg1 -at- PACBELL -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 14:39:17 -0700

> And then you went...
> |As an independent contractor, are you saying that you
> |handle billable hours like a lawyer, and don't even fart
> |without toting it up?

Let me, then, ask if you believe that staff personnel (AKA "captives")
should reimburse their employers when they spend time "farting" while on the
job? Or talking about the weather, news, sports, lunch, spouses, children,
and all the other non-productive, off task things that use time at work.

If not, then why would you think contractors should behave or be treated
differently? Almost every contractor I have been around is FAR more
conscientious about her/his billable time than the vast majority of
"captives."

Flame away - on your employer's nickel, of course...

PS. I'm not on the "clock" this afternoon.

Wally Glassett
Tech Doc-It, Inc.
wallyg1 -at- pacbell -dot- net

"The transformation of calories into words, of words into money,
and of money into calories again are the three cycles in a
freelance writer's metabolism." Mary Kittredge, Poison Pen

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=