Re: Potential Dilemma - Not!

Subject: Re: Potential Dilemma - Not!
From: Barry Kieffer <barry -dot- kieffer -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 08:27:54 -0700

As technical writers we sweat out the pick-snickly stuff; you know: Content.

If marketing wants to go to a slightly different style, or a super-duper
glossy cover, who cares?!

Besides, as technical writers we should be happy that marketing is taking a
real interest in our talents. Work with them. If the marketeers decide that
the manual should be in GigglyFont, it is an opportunity to educate them on
aspect of readability, usability, and localization.

Play your cards right and the marketeers will see you not only as a
technical writer, but also as a valuable source of information.

My two tenths of a cent...

Regards,

Barry Kieffer
Technical Writer
MBD Customer Documentation
Tektronix, Inc.

> Logos, trademarks, copyright info, marketing
> materials, etc... fine!
> But, manuals and help and so on? Really!?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=