Re: Favorite/Recommended Fonts

Subject: Re: Favorite/Recommended Fonts
From: CASSIN Gilles <GCassin -at- MEGA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 09:49:05 +0100

Suzette Seveny wrote:(as an answer to Gilles Cassin)
Some people may have different beliefs/practices, but that is no excuse
for
tacky, snide comments.
PS - only the librarian's hair was green.

This wasn't tacky or snide, just to remind that there are many European
countries, languages, alphabets (AFAIK, at least three).
Serif/sans serif discussion is an endlessable thread. Jan V. White
published his book in Optima, which is unseriffed (is he European?).
Des goûts et des couleurs...
What I wished to say is that there is no good or bad font, but there are
not many fonts that you can use easily: as many are copyrighted, you
cannot install them on any client's computer, there is no guarantee that
they will be available at the printer's studio, aso.
Of course, you souldn't use Vivaldi or Poptics for on-line help, but
that's only common sense.

Gilles CASSIN
"Le rouge est une couleur proche du bleu, mais pas trop" P. Desproges
mailto:gcassin -at- mega -dot- com
+33 1 42 75 40 22
My opinions are mine, and neither you nor my company can take credit for
them. YOU can cite them if you think they were of use.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000