Re: Favorite/Recommended Fonts

Subject: Re: Favorite/Recommended Fonts
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 12:09:10 -0400

Steve Rasnic Tem [mailto:tems -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM]

> A couple of clients have asked me if there have been any
> surveys/studies
> concerning the best fonts and font sizes to use in user manuals, for
> body text and for headings. I'm not aware of any myself. Has anyone
> heard of such a survey or research?

I prefer Heironimous for headings and Darling Nikki for body text. Both are available from the Chank font foundry at http://www.chank.com/freefonts.html

A study conducted by Alice Huber determined that a significant percentage of 8th graders find the combination both "Pretty Neat" and easier to read than the alternative, which used ZaphDingbats for headers and Wingdings for body text.

---
Office:
mike -dot- huber -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com
Home:
nax -at- execpc -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=