FW: Tech Writer's Duties

Subject: FW: Tech Writer's Duties
From: Jennifer Delmerico <Jennifer -dot- Delmerico -at- TSTNET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 10:59:44 -0400

My title is Sr. Tech Writer, and when I got this job, I had *no* experience
with the title of Tech Writer. My previous job title had been "Electronic
Editor." I was actually (ecstatically) surprised to see that my current
employer had chosen to give me that title, but I don't know what their
rationale was.

On the other hand, from the beginning I've been expected to take entire
projects from concept to completion, and I've never had a problem doing just
that. I don't know how they knew I'd be able to do that just from the
interview, but they gave me the benefit of the doubt, and I've never let
them down.

So even with my piddling 2 years with the title Sr. Tech Writer, I'd have to
think long and hard about taking a lesser title. But a lesser title with
more money might sway me! :)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=