Voice recognition

Subject: Voice recognition
From: RAYMOND E SCHMIDT <SCHMIDT6 -at- PRODIGY -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 09:38:29 -0600

Hello, my name is Ray Schmidt and I am working on a needs assessment at my workplace in conjunction with a graduate thesis on using voice recognition for technical communicators. If you have used voice recognition software in your workplace or at your home, I would be grateful if you could take a few minutes to answer any or all of the following questions:

1. Why did you decide to try voice recognition software?

2. Which software applications do you use with voice recognition software?

3. What feature of voice recognition technology is the most important to you?

4. What are your benefits from using this technology?

5. Have you discovered any disadvantages in using voice recognition technology?

6. What changes or adjustments did you have to make at your workplace or home?

7. Why do you think this technology will become more prevalent in your workplace?

8. How has your productivity increased by using voice recognition software?

9. Please add any general comments you would like to make about using voice recognition software.

My address is: schmidt6 -at- prodigy -dot- net

I will post a summary of the responses in about two weeks. Thank you for your help. Ray