Summary - Knowledge Base question, more info needed

Subject: Summary - Knowledge Base question, more info needed
From: Lois Patterson <lois -at- DOWCO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 01:11:38 -0700

Here are some of the answers I got to my question seeking information
about knowledge base software (thanks all):

"There is a KB manager with the RoboHelp suite. I never used
thouroughly,
but it seems OK."

"Take a look at RoboHELP's PC Help Desk, their knowledge-base authoring
tool. I haven't used it. They say it has a help system look and feel and
works with Power SQL (an Internet ODBC driver)."

At least two people suggested software from http://www.serviceware.com
(recommended both by someone who worked there, and someone who doesn't).

One person suggested software from http://www.inference.com.

Another suggested Toolbook II from http://www.asymmetrix.com/.

**
I wasn't at all clear in my initial question, but what I'm looking for
is a web-based system, probably ASP-based. It should be rather similar
in functionality to Microsoft's knowledge base at
http://support.microsoft.com/, although a simpler system would be fine.

Lois Patterson

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=