Central Valley/Bay Area Commute

Subject: Central Valley/Bay Area Commute
From: Mark Dempsey <mxd2 -at- OSI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 15:11:28 -0800

I'm wondering whether listserv members who work in San Francisco/Bay
Area, commuting from California's Central Valley would let me know what
it's like to do this.

Bay Area paychecks are much higher, and some jobs even offer two-three
days of telecommute. I just wonder whether the money is worth the
headache of commuting, whether Valley/Foothill folks have moved back to
transit-served East Bay locations, etc.

Since this may not be of general interest, direct replies are fine. I
hasten to add that I'm perfectly happy with my work situation, but
that's exactly when one can best explore other options. Consider
*having* to get a paycheck, and being compelled to look for work because
of unhappiness in a current situation....Let's just say that's second
best.

--
Regards,

-- mailto:Mark -dot- Dempsey -at- osi -dot- com
--
-- Mark Dempsey
-- Technical Publications

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=