Re: Standard English vs "industry standard"

Subject: Re: Standard English vs "industry standard"
From: Marci Abels <mabels -at- SKYJACKINC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 13:53:06 -0600

My standard has always been to use a style manual and hold it up as the Bible. It doesn't always work, but most engineers I've worked with will but into a printed authority, where they would balk at making changes based on a lowly tech writer's word for it. If nothing else, show him/her the style guide, then ask for a written authority to back up the SME's preference.

Marci Abels
Technical Writer, Skyjack, Inc.
http://www.skyjackinc.com/frame.html