FWD: formerly naive now burned tw needs advice

Subject: FWD: formerly naive now burned tw needs advice
From: Anonymous User <anonfwd -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 04:56:46 -0700

Name withheld upon request. Please reply on list.

I accepted a TW job to work for a contract company at large IT firm. Before I
accepted, asked my recruiter for a certain amount of money more than they
offered. The recruiter said that he would ask the customer (the large
company). When he called me back he said that the customer wanted to wait
until the first project was completed and see first if they liked my work.
Being confident of my ability, I accepted that and took the job.

Well, the job is completed. I did a good job and the customer likes my work. I
went back to my recruiter (who is now my manager) and asked him about the
raise.

He responded that my experience and education puts me at a level X. I am at
the top of the pay scale for level Xs. To make more money I need to be a level
Y, which requires 2 more years of education and a master's degree. Though the
customer liked my work I am not eligable for a raise. However, if I wait
another 6 months I will get a standard cost of living raise. And if I'm a good
boy (my words) and prove that I have "leadership skills" he will see if I can
become a level Y inspite of my experience and education.

I was so angry I didn't know what to say, so I left. (If I spoke what I was
feeling I'd probably get arrested) I am scheduling an appointment to confront
him again about this. How do I handle this? I could use the collective wisdom
of the list to figure out the best way to confront him.

Thanks.

Message forwarded on request. Please reply on list.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=