Re: Readability tools? Just say no!

Subject: Re: Readability tools? Just say no!
From: "Campbell, Art" <artc -at- NORTHC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 12:00:26 -0500

Thanks for your thoughts, Geoffery, but my firm is in business to make
money. If my doc has to score low on a Flesch scale in order to help the
business, it will. ;-) Reading level analysis, no matter how
theoretically flawed it may be, is a criteria for acceptance of
documentation by large numbers of OEM companies; a number have this
written into their quality/ISO specs. If you write to that audience,
you meet the standards.

Also, if FrameMaker had the data-generation tools built in, as Word does,
I wouldn't have asked for assistance finding tools that worked in that
program's native format. The idea is to avoid conversion, if at all
possible.

Cheers,
Art

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=