Apologies to All for Happy.exe

Subject: Apologies to All for Happy.exe
From: Jerry Kenney <gmkenney -at- MINDSPRING -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 19:06:29 -0500

Please accept my sincerest apologies for distributing the
HAPPY99 trojan to this list. Apparently, the Norton
AntiVirus application I always run in the background did not
pick it up. Older versions of McAfee's Viruscan apparently
do detect it.

If it is run, it embeds itself into your WSOCK32.DLL and
installs a SKA.EXE and SKA.DLL file. Norton had to destroy
the WSOCK32.DLL in order to clean my system. If this
happens to you, you will not be able to communicate via the
internet until you restore a clean backed up version of the
WSOCK32.DLL.

As others have warned, destroy my message headed "Re:
Looking for Samples" with the attachment without opening it.

Again, my apologies to all.

Jerry Kenney

begin:vcard
n:Kenney;Jerry
tel;fax:407-282-5650
tel;home:407-282-0085
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
version:2.1
email;internet:gmkenney -at- mindspring -dot- com
fn:Jerry  Kenney
end:vcard