Technical Writer Supervisor/Manager question

Subject: Technical Writer Supervisor/Manager question
From: "Parker, Cassandra M. (EXCH)" <CMPARKER -at- INTERMEDIA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 15:57:35 -0500

Hello Team,

I solicit your comments and assistance.

There is a good chance that I may be making the transition from Technical
Writer to Supervisor over my immediate area (four Tech Writers). Can any of
you offer any suggestions on making the transition an easy one, learning how
to interact with the other tech writers, dealing with the attitudes of those
that wanted the position, focusing on the goals of the team and not the
individual, etc.

I was a Lead Person over a small group of Desktop Publishers when I held the
position of Senior Desktop Publisher in a Publications department but never
an official Supervisor and never in the Technical Writing field.

Maybe there are some good books or tapes out there that can assist me in
this field. I am open to suggestions and welcome any comments.
THANKS,
Cassandra Parker
Information Services - Tampa, FL
Applications Delivery - QA