Re: Cost of Translating Screen Shots

Subject: Re: Cost of Translating Screen Shots
From: John Posada <john -at- TDANDW -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 08:04:54 -0500

Robyn...

Maybe I'm missing something, but the screen shots are what the user
would see on the software screen.

Either the screens in the software have been translated and you can take
a screen shot of the translated screen or you should leave the screens
in the language that they will be seen in the software. No?

Robyn M. Nace wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I looked in the archives and found many "per word" estimates for
> translation but no "per screen shot" estimates.
>
> I know to use call outs rather than labels in diagrams and screen shots,
> but what about the shots themselves? For example, we make a Web-based
> travel application and I might include a screen shot of page that had a
> "typical" itinerary. There may be other shots that include a lot of user
> input.
>
> What are the costs associated with setting up and taking the new
> screens, and "doctoring" them, if necessary?
>
> Please respond to me off-list at robyn -at- hotmail -dot- com -dot-
>
> Thanks very much!
>
> -Robyn Nace

John Posada, Technical Writer
Telcordia Technologies, the company formerly known as Bellcore
mailto:john -at- tdandw -dot- com mailto:jposada -at- telcordia -dot- com
phone(w) 732-699-3077 phone(h) 732-291-7811
alpha-pager: 800-864-8444 pin 1857522 http://www.tdandw.com
email pager: mailto:1857522 -at- pagemart -dot- net
My opinions are mine, and neither you nor my company can take credit for
them.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish,
and he will sit in a boat and smoke cigars all day."
"The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing."
G Hanek

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=