Followup: L.A.-Based RoboHelp Training

Subject: Followup: L.A.-Based RoboHelp Training
From: Terry Dickerson <Terry -dot- Dickerson -at- MINARIKCORP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 12:39:13 -0800

A few days ago, I wrote:

<I'm delurking because I have an important question to ask: Can any of you
recommend a Los Angeles-based RoboHelp and RoboHTML trainer?>

Thanks to all who wrote, publicly and privately. The upshot is this: I've
got three options (unless I missed one somewhere):

1) A local consultant, Faith Green, was recommended to me by David Knopf.
Contact the very nice Ms. Green at Progressive Strategies: (760) 944-6458 or
faithg -at- inetworld -dot- net -dot- Faith does on-site training, but only for groups, so
if you're interested, let me know off-list and maybe we can team up.

2) UC-Riverside is offering a five-week Saturday-morning RoboHelp class
starting May 15. Unfortunately, I live in the San Fernando Valley (for you
non-L.A. types, about 70 miles away). Since the classes start at 9 a.m., I'd
have to get up at about 7 and drive for an hour or so, thereby guaranteeing
that I'd be good and cranky when I got to class. Especially if traffic on
the 210 or 91 is screwed up-and it usually is. You can get more info at
http://www.unex.ucr.edu/CATALOG/computer_studies.htm

3) Weisner and Associates are offering RoboHelp training in L.A. April
22-23. However, I'll be en route to San Francisco for a conference on the
23rd (which is why my employer won't pay to send me there for RoboHelp
training). I will miss not only the Weisner seminar, but my hometown St.
Louis Cardinals, who will come to L.A. that weekend to put a whuppin' on the
Dodgers. Again, I'll be cranky, but since I'll be in San Francisco, I'll
try to get over it. You can contact Weisner and Associates at
http://www.weisner.com for more information.

Once again, thanks to all who wrote!

-terry-

Terry Dickerson
Technical Writer
Minarik Automation & Control
901 E. Thompson Avenue
Glendale, California 91201-2011
Terry -dot- Dickerson -at- minarikcorp -dot- com
(818) 637-7463 (voice)
(818) 637-7479 (fax)
Visit us on the Web at http://www.minarikcorp.com

"Asps. Very dangerous...You go first."