Improving user's productivity by technical communication

Subject: Improving user's productivity by technical communication
From: Debi <debi -at- LAHIT -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 09:21:37 +0200

We are exploring the impact we, as technical communicators, can have on our users in terms of productivity, performance and error reduction.

Does anyone have a story or example of how they prepared or improved their customer support materials, enabling their users to:

* Complete a task more quickly and efficiently

* Prevent making an error

* Reduce the time it took to solve an error

We are interested in strategies for collecting information from the field and using it to prevent errors and improve user performance.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000