Re: the 5 C's

Subject: Re: the 5 C's
From: Wayne Douglass <wayned -at- VERITY -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 11:24:21 -0800

At 10:54 AM 3/11/99 -0800, Sella Rush wrote:
>I kind of liked the notion of "convection", although it would never have
>occurred to me to use it. To me, convection in this situation implies
>taking a bunch of raw facts, doing something nebulous to them (that is,
>using a creative and not necessarily analyzable process for organizing and
>presenting them), and serving them up ready to use.

Any bets out there that "convection" is really "conviction" (who says
grammar and spelling don't count?) Not that it makes "the 5 Cs" any less
fatuous than that other old saw: "Never ASSUME. You only make an ASS out ot
YOU and ME."

Where *do* VPs come up with this nonsense anyway?

--Wayne
Wayne Douglass phone: 408-542-2139
Verity, Inc. FAX: 408-542-2040
894 Ross Road mailto:wayned -at- verity -dot- com
Sunnyvale, CA 94089 http://www.verity.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=