Single Source Print and HTML in Word 2000

Subject: Single Source Print and HTML in Word 2000
From: Amy Janczy <ajanczy -at- ITIS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 13:07:26 -0600

Has anyone tried the beta version of Word 2000? According to Microsoft's
bombastic white paper, Word 2000 is supposed to provide "round trip" HTML
conversion ability. I am seeking a solution to maintaining a large printed
document and an extensively hyperlinked HTML version. At the moment, this
document is in Word. I have reviewed HTML Transit and it does a great job
of quickly converting Word files to HTML (splitting the pages into several
*.htm files, adding navigation buttons, creating links within the same Word
file). However, in the current version, it does not support Word97's
"hyperlink" feature, so that links between Word files are lost in the HTML
conversion. The beta for Transit 4 is supposed to fix this, though.

I'm trying to find out if Word 2000 itself fixes this problem with its HTML
format enhancements. It may also make the need for Transit obsolute, or
its integration with FrontPage might make that the solution for me.

Any Word 2000 beta experience you folks have would be greatly appreciated.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=