More estimating projects -Reply

Subject: More estimating projects -Reply
From: Colleen Adams <colleen_adams -at- MEDISPAN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 13:11:46 -0500

Hackos' company, Comtech, used to create a software package called
PUB$ Estimator. I purchased a copy several years ago but never took the
time to learn it... it's an app that runs off Microsoft Excel. I believe the
Dependency Calculator is included... I'm not sure if Comtech still creates
or supports the product; it may be worth looking in to. Otherwise, you
can use the information on Dependency Calculator from her book and do
the figuring yourself...

If anyone out there uses the software, I'd like to hear your comments
about it... (incidentally, I found the user's guide a little lacking...hmmmm....
ironic.)
___________________
Colleen Adams
External Documentation Manager
First DataBank, Inc.
Indianapolis, IN
colleen_adams -at- firstdatabank -dot- com

>>> Penny Staples <pstaples -at- AIRWIRE -dot- COM> 03/11/99 10:26am >>>
Hi folks,

A collegue has asked me to forward this information to the list:

> I received on-site Project Management training from
> Joanne Hackos, and part of the training involved what
> she called a "Dependency Calculator". This is a Java
> application that allows you to estimate time per page
> based on elements such as the level of familiarity with
> the tool used to produce the documentation, team
> experience, audience familiarity, subject matter experts,
> product stability, etc.
>
> Basically, this program allows you to enter the time it
> took per page on the last project (or the industry
> standard if you want), and will modify that
> time according to the factor ratings you enter. I do not
> know if she has this somewhere where people can
> access it, but I will check with her to find out, because
> this is an invaluable tool.

Penny Staples
pstaples -at- airwire -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=
Send commands to listserv -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu (e.g., SIGNOFF
Find additional TECHWR-L resources at
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=