[no subject]

From: Aoidìn Scully <ascully -at- FLEXICOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 18:29:12 -0000

Before anyone jumps down my throat, I have already tried the Microsoft
newsgroups and sites, without success.

Hi,
We're currently creating in-house templates in both Microsoft Word and
FrameMaker. In FrameMaker, I can place an overline over a selected piece
of text.

Could anyone tell me how to apply an overline to a selected piece of
text in Microsoft Word?

The Borders and Shading dialog box implies that this is possible, but
when I try, it doesn't seem to allow it.

I want to place the line over one word in the paragraph, rather than
over the entire paragraph. For example, say I want to insert a line over
the word "Product" in the phrase "Product version 1.0".
I select the word "Product", choose Format - Borders and Shading, choose
Text in the Apply to box and then click just above "Product" in the
diagram. But Word inserts a border, rather than an overline.I've tried
changing the setting on the left, i.e. choosing None, Box, Custom, etc,
but this doesn't make a difference.

Any solutions?

Aoidin Scully
Technical Writer, Flexicom Phone: +353-1-6030044
32 Lower Leeson Street, Fax: +353-1-6030001
Dublin 2, Ireland. Email:
ascully -at- flexicom -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=