Re: Explanations for getting fired

Subject: Re: Explanations for getting fired
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 12:01:34 -0500

Penny Staples [mailto:pstaples -at- AIRWIRE -dot- COM]
> If I were you, I wouldn't mention the fact that I was fired on my
> resume, and in the interview I wouldn't talk about why I left, unless the
> interviewer asks.
> [Question to the list: is this dishonest?]

Dishonest to not bring up the sad details of the job before the job before last? Is it dishonest that I don't mention that the turkey was overcooked, dry and tasteless at Thanksgiving Dinner 1996, when I was the nominal cook?

This isn't a confessional, this is a business negotiation. You have to determine what is relevant. If, for example, the prospective boss looks exactly like the old one and you get neck spasms from seeing him, yeah, you better say something. But from the description of the situation, it doesn't sound relevant to me. Maybe if it was the immediately preceding job - but then it would be moot. Every interview includes the "why are you on the market" question.

---
Office:
mike -dot- huber -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com
Home:
nax -at- execpc -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=