Re: Web page displays and screen resolution

Subject: Re: Web page displays and screen resolution
From: Tom Herme <hermet -at- DNINEVADA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 09:11:14 -0800

My general answer is whatever fits for the user. So, OK, big deal, you say. On
a practical level, I use a product called BrowserSizer to view pages on the
fly. BrowserSizer is available for download from CNET (download.com). (ZDNET
may also offer it as a download.) This utility is very handy. After installing
it on your computer, its icon sits in your system tray in Windows whenever you
open it. I use it to view a page in 640 x 480, 800 x 600, and 1024 x 768 screen
resolutions (a Web TV option is also available). You can also choose either the
Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer browser, assuming they're both
installed.

This is what I do:

1. Start my HTML editor.
2. Open the document I'm editing.
3. Start BrowserSizer.
4. Preview the HTML document on my monitor (I set mine at 1152 x 864) using
the HTML editor's preview feature.
5. Click BrowserSizer from the system tray, and then click the resolution I
want to view (for example, 640 x 480).
6. When finished viewing, maximize the viewing window back to its original
size.

I like the convenience that this product gives me. Oh, by the way, I have no
association with this product.

Tom

--
Tom Herme