Re: What employers want (WAS grammar... etc.)

Subject: Re: What employers want (WAS grammar... etc.)
From: Steven Anderson <Steven -dot- Anderson -at- BRIGHTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 15:17:37 -0800

One of the things I have notice looking through a lot of TC jobs is that
many want 5-6 years of experience, but what they mean by that is varied.
For example, one I'm looking at now want 6 years of experience, but they
allow you to factor in your education (for example, my BS would count 4
years toward that 6). Others sound like real sticklers, including such
things as "6 years of progressive, commercial software documentation
experience."

How do you feel about combining experience and education? Is it your
opinion that if I were to apply for a job ad that asks for 6+ years of
experience, having only 3 years of experience but armed with a BS, I would
be tossed out on my behind for ignoring the job experience requirements?

Steve Anderson
IWTFM

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=