Re: Grammatical/Punctuation/Spelling Errors and Technical Communi cati on

Subject: Re: Grammatical/Punctuation/Spelling Errors and Technical Communi cati on
From: Scott Miller <smiller -at- PORTAL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 12:45:28 -0800

> Words are our only tool, our face to the world. To treat them
> carelessly *at any time* is show disrespect not
> only to the profession but to ourselves.

At that Info Online conference in Chicago last November, the extremely
strong undercurrent to many of the discussions was the idea that the worst
way to write was to think of yourself as a writer. I have to agree with
that. I would go so far as to say that, despite my job title, I'm not a
writer. I'm a person who helps the user of a software product get their work
done. If I could do that by bodysurfing instead of writing, I would.

So, I find that I write much better if I don't think of my job as writing.
Cowabunga!

- Scott M
smiller -at- portal -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=