Re: (Zachary) taylor rants

Subject: Re: (Zachary) taylor rants
From: Sam Buttice <sbuttice -at- TRANSPORT -dot- BOMBARDIER -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 15:21:56 -0500

I grew up speaking three languages; Italian, French, and English.

I speak all three languages everyday, French and English at work, and
Italian to my family (including my children).

I've got these three languages floating around in my head at all times, and
therefore sometimes make errors when I speak. Most of these errors occur
because as I speak, I quickly translate words, or phrases, from one
language to another.

However, because I can take some time to read and fine tune my documents,
my written English is much better than my spoken English. (Of course the
luxury of a good editor snapping at my heels and keeping me disciplined
helps.)

IMHO, this List Serv is a casual forum in which we express our views and
ideas. I spend my days checking and double-checking words, sentences, and
paragraphs that I have written. The last thing I want is to be judged for a
meaningless, political or grammatical error that was made in the spirit of
trying to help someone else.

Sam Buttice
Technical Writer

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=