Re: (Zachary) tayloring (Rant/Long)

Subject: Re: (Zachary) tayloring (Rant/Long)
From: Philomena Hoopes <PHILA -at- MAIL -dot- VIPS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 11:39:36 -0500

Grammar bored the teacher. The class was bored by grammar. Teacher and class
collectively slept through the grammar lessons...

Until one teacher dreamed up a strategy to prod her somnolent students.

Karen Elizabeth Gordon seduces readers with a delicious romp of improbable
characters in incongruous situations, depicted with outrageous
phrasing...and each escapade presents lessons in grammar, punctuation, or
usage. I use her work to coach my son through his grammar lessons, and I
credit these books with making the process painless. These are the only
grammar books I've found that can be opened for entertainment as well as
education.

Four are now on the market:

- The Deluxe Transitive Vampire: The Ultimate Handbook of Grammar for the
Innocent, the Eager and the Doomed
- The New Well-Tempered Sentence: A Punctuation Handbook for the Innocent,
the Eager and the Doomed
- Torn Wings and Faux Pas: A Flashbook of Style, a Beastly Guide through the
Writer's Labyrinth
- The Disheveled Dictionary: A Curious Caper through our Sumptuous Lexicon

All are available through amazon.com.

Philomena Hoopes
Phila -at- vips -dot- com <mailto:Phila -at- vips -dot- com>
VIPS Healthcare Information Solutions, Inc.
(410) 832-8330 ext 845