Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 5 Mar 1999 to 6 Mar 1999

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 5 Mar 1999 to 6 Mar 1999
From: cklotz <cklotz -at- CSRLINK -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 15:14:52 -0500

> Valorie Lennox has <<...just agreed to create the company's annual
> report. I need to figure out exactly how I'm going to do that.>>

Thank you! Due to a quirk of fate, I am, at present, reviewing an
accounting course and have been having a hard time getting into it,
since I plan to concentrate on my career in technical writing. Your
post convinced me that, at some point, this material might be very
relevant to technical writing. Thanks again! :-)

I am currently seeking employment in the technical
writing/editing field after a 20-year hiatus. I had worked for
a publishing company in the 1970s-1980s and then got hooked
on computers. I wanted to do something involving both computers
and science, but at the time, unless one was an engineer, most
computer applications involved business data processing (BTW, I
also have a B.S. in Biology). In the early 1990s, I took more
computer science courses at a local college and talked to some
professors about the possibility of working with science and
computers and they looked at me quizzically. Now this same
college has a 4 year degree program in Technical Communication.

I feel like I was born 20 years too early. I was ready for the
technology before it was ready for me. <G>

To date, this is the first mailing list I've been on where I've
felt compelled to spell check my e-mail before posting it. <G>

Carol

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=