Re: [2] Request for Proposal forms

Subject: Re: [2] Request for Proposal forms
From: Betsy Maaks <bmaaks -at- TELLABS -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 11:03:02 -0600

Richard,

I wrote proposals for Frame Technology and used FrameMaker's
report template for the document. The only thing I added was
an "abstract" to the middle of the very first page. It gave
a brief statement about the intent of the proposal. The heading
levels and paragraph tags were perfect,and I didn't have to
reinvent a template from scratch. And it provided autonumbering
so I could design a new tag for responses to each item in
the RFP:

Item 1: The software will allow a child to type 100 WPM.

Our response: QTIP software was designed by children who like to
type.

Another section I included in the appropriate place, using the
inverted pyramid style (overview "tip of iceberg" first, followed
by more meaty, technical content), was a description of the
company (Frame Tech) and its people, capabilities, products,
as well as financials, services, support, etc. I used the
company's annual report and call a lot of people at HQ for info.

It was really one of the most fun jobs I've had. I hope you will
find yours is challenging and interesting. There is a professional
association for proposal developers...which I can't locate
right off the bat. If I locate its name, etc., I'll post it to
the list.

Regards,
Betsy Maaks

PS. I think your weekend will be wonderful, too, thanks to Rowena
and Eric, too, for this list, where we can get the answers we need.
Richard Elsberry <richard -dot- elsberry -at- SCORECAST -dot- COM> wrote:

Rowena,

This is exactly what I was looking for. It would have taken me hours to
work down to this level of clarity-and I wouldn't have thought of some
of these topics. You will make me look like a genius!

I'm closing my eyes right now and sending you "have a wonderful weekend"
vibes...can you feel them?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=