re digital video (DV)

Subject: re digital video (DV)
From: Irene Wong <wongword -at- OZEMAIL -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 23:14:48 +1000

I think it has huge implications for TWs.

I see that instructions for many products could be built in using DV.
Many games and porn movies these days photograph from several angles at
once and this woulfd be perfect for explaining a machine etc to a
newbie.

As editor of the monthly newsletter for the New South Wales society for
technical communicators, I have often mentioned video type courses that
are eeing offered.

I expect that some tw will need screen/photographic skills as well as
screen writing skills. Even if they don't do it themselves they must
understand the capabilities of this tecnology. They must be able to plan
it, user test it, edit it etc. They need these skills now for multi
media anyway. Perhaps tws involoved with computer based training
already have these skills.

PS please put a subject in your emails. Thanks!

Irene Wong

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=