Archive vs. Archives

Subject: Archive vs. Archives
From: Larry Hoffenberg <LarryHoff -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 18:34:40 -0700

Greetings All,

I'd like to get a quick second opinion on how to phrase this concept, which
is the first sentence on a section home page on an intranet.

"Welcome to the XYZ Report archive."

vs.

"Welcome to the XYZ Reports archive."

vs.

"Welcome to the XYZ Report archives."

Should the item being stored in the repository be considered singular or
plural? Would you consider the repository itself to be singular or plural?

I'd appreciate any comments and analysis.

Thanks,

Larry Hoffenberg

TechWriter -at- att -dot- net

If you object to government taking 50% of YOUR
hard-earned income (and they DO just take it),
join the LIBERTARIAN PARTY! www.lp.org

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=