Humble apology

Subject: Humble apology
From: Tom Johnson <johnsont -at- STARCUTTER -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 08:09:47 -0500

Two days ago I said two things where I let my emotions prevail over what
would have been more sensible and courteous. "Union tactics" and "stupid"
were poor choices and I apologize for offending anyone and for posting
something that I should have known would start another holy war. Over the
past couple of days I've realized how easy it is to damage your own
reputation by one foolish comment. If we all work to be helpful instead of
trying to boost our own egos and foster our own agendas, this list will be
even better.

Our function as technical writers, in the simplest terms, is to assist
others by providing relevant information. From now on, I will work harder
to present information in a constructive and positive manner. My own rule
from now on will be to only use language I would use in a manual or in a
training session. If I stray from that, please remind me (although I hope
you might welcome one of my poems when it's time to lighten up--I don't use
those in manuals :) ). Again, I'm sorry.

Tom Johnson
Elk Rapids, Michigan

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=