Re: The humor problem

Subject: Re: The humor problem
From: Chris Hamilton <caxdj -at- EARTHLINK -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 08:56:54 -0500

This probably goes without saying, but...

This, to me, represents the danger of using humor in our work. What's
funny to me could be (and often is) offensive to other people. I'm not
saying that we should or should use humor on this list. Just that the
adage about humor in technical writing is probably true most of the
time, and that if you use humor in your work, it should probably be
playful, not biting, as Andrew's is.

Happy day.

Chris

--